If you’re planning to visit Armenia, whether for tourism, work, or any other reason, you can easily apply for an Armenian e-Visa online. We’ll provide you with the correct and official method to apply for an Armenian e-Visa, allowing you to enter Armenia. We’ll also cover the permitted duration, costs, required documents, and the Arab countries whose citizens can obtain an e-Visa, based on information from the Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 2023.
Whether you plan to explore Armenia’s rich culture, beautiful landscapes, or engage in business activities, obtaining an Armenian e-Visa is a straightforward process. This comprehensive guide will walk you through the entire application process, ensuring that you have all the necessary information at your fingertips.
Armenian e-Visa Issuing Authority
The Armenian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the government entity responsible for issuing Armenian e-Visas. They oversee the application process and determine the eligibility of applicants.
Duration of Armenian e-Visa
The Armenian e-Visa comes in two categories:
- Short-term visitor visa, allowing a stay of up to 21 days.
- Long-term visitor visa, allowing a stay of up to 120 days.
Tip: During the application process, select the short-term 21-day option unless you have a compelling reason for a longer stay, to avoid the risk of visa rejection.
Types of Armenian e-Visa
Currently, there is only one type of Armenian e-Visa, which is the Single Entry e-Visa. You can apply for this e-Visa for various purposes, including:
- Visiting friends or family
- Participation in sports or cultural events
- Medical treatment
- Family reunification
- Aircrew or transit
Cost of Armenian e-Visa
Compared to other countries, the cost of an Armenian e-Visa is relatively affordable. The fees vary depending on the length of your stay:
- Short-term visitor visa (21 days): $7 USD
- Long-term visitor visa (120 days): $34 USD
Note: Application fees must be paid online through methods like Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal during the application process. These fees are non-refundable, even if your visa application is denied.
The processing time for Armenian e-Visas can take up to 3 business days. Please consider Armenia’s official holidays when waiting for the result.
Note: Ensure that you have a clear timeline and no official holidays in Armenia during your intended visit.
Arab Countries Eligible for Armenian e-Visa
Citizens of several Arab countries can obtain an Armenian e-Visa. As of 2023, these countries include:
- Saudi Arabia
Note: According to recent legislation in 2023, citizens of Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and Kuwait do not require a visa to enter Armenia. For more information, read our article on Armenian visas for GCC citizens in 2023.
Before applying for an Armenian e-Visa, ensure you have the following essential documents:
- A valid passport, with a minimum validity of 3 months beyond your intended departure date from Armenia. It should have at least two blank pages for visa stamps.
- A clear, colored passport-size photo with a white background. The photo should be similar to the one used for your passport, with specific dimensions.
- The ability to upload JPG, PNG, BMP, or PDF files only, with a maximum file size of 6 MB.
For minors: If you’re applying for a visa for a child, you must also provide a copy of the parent’s passport.
Additional Supporting Documents (Optional)
While not mandatory, you can include additional documents to support the purpose of your visit to Armenia, such as flight tickets, hotel reservations, an invitation letter, or travel insurance.
Tip: When making hotel reservations, choose options that offer free cancellation and payment upon arrival. Avoid non-refundable bookings until your visa is approved. Use the hotel’s contact information when filling out the visa application in the “Contact Information in Armenia” section.
How to Apply for an Armenian e-Visa
Follow these simple steps to apply for an Armenian e-Visa in minutes:
- Visit the official Armenian e-Visa website provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Determine your eligibility by selecting your country and document type (ordinary passport or travel document).
- Prepare the required documents for your Armenian e-Visa application, as mentioned above.
- Enter your email address and the verification code displayed on the screen.
- Check your email for a confirmation link from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill in your personal information and upload your documents.
- Specify the purpose of your visit, the duration of your stay, and your intended arrival date.
- Double-check the accuracy of the information you entered and accept the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the payment process using a credit card or PayPal. You will receive an email confirming your successful payment.
- Confirm the submission of your application. This step is essential to conclude the application process.
- Wait for the result, which will be delivered within 3 business days.
With this detailed guide, you are now well-equipped to apply for your Armenian e-Visa with ease. Make sure to adhere to all the requirements, and don’t hesitate to contact the Armenian Embassy in your country before traveling to ensure no new laws or changes affect your e-Visa application.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Armenian e-Visa the only way to enter Armenia? No, there are other visa options, such as a visa on arrival. However, the e-Visa is a convenient and efficient way to obtain your travel authorization before your trip.
- Can I extend my Armenian e-Visa if I decide to stay longer? Yes, you can extend your e-Visa while in Armenia. However, it’s recommended to apply for the visa that matches your intended stay to avoid complications.
- Are there any age restrictions for applying for an Armenian e-Visa? No, there are no age restrictions. Both adults and minors can apply for an Armenian e-Visa.
- Can I apply for an Armenian e-Visa if I’m a permanent resident of an Arab country? Yes, as long as you hold citizenship in one of the eligible Arab countries listed above.
- What happens if my Armenian e-Visa application is denied? If your application is denied, you will not receive a refund of the application fee. It’s essential to ensure that you meet all the requirements before applying.
For any further questions or assistance, please refer to the official Armenian e-Visa website or contact the Armenian Embassy in your country.
You may also like: The Comprehensive Guide to Seasonal Employment Contracts in Italy