Are you someone who enjoys physical work and seeks employment in a clean and enjoyable environment? CSSMI is currently seeking maintenance workers for both short and long-term assignments in various educational institutions, specifically during the evening shift. This opportunity is available for both full-time and part-time positions.
Working Hours and Compensation
The role offers a competitive hourly rate of 21.27 Canadian dollars. Working in the evening provides a unique set of advantages, making it an appealing opportunity for those looking for a rewarding job.
As a maintenance worker with CSSMI, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Sweeping, mopping, washing, stripping, and waxing floors and stairs.
- Cleaning walls and ceilings.
- Washing and cleaning water fixtures, sinks, bathroom tables, toilets, and showers.
- Dusting furniture and surfaces.
- Collecting trash, emptying trash bins, and recycling.
- Replacing bulbs and fluorescent tubes.
- Providing energy or overseeing the energy source and operating heating appliances.
- Reporting any observed damages during your work.
- Cleaning networks and ventilation outlets.
- Performing various types of minor repair work.
Assistance and Collaboration
- Assisting qualified support staff with handling heavy objects and materials.
- Holding parts in a designated position, cleaning work areas, and providing necessary tools.
- Installing and dismantling scaffolding.
- Performing any other related tasks as required.
Candidates with relevant experience in the field are highly valued. Note that professional references may be requested at any stage of the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSSMI is committed to equal employment opportunities and encourages women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, indigenous people, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Persons with disabilities seeking assistance during the pre-employment screening and selection process are welcome.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this maintenance worker position, please follow the application process outlined on the CSSMI website. We believe in diversity and inclusivity and welcome applications from individuals with various backgrounds.
In conclusion, this maintenance worker opportunity with CSSMI offers a fulfilling role in a dynamic environment. The evening shift, competitive compensation, and the chance to contribute to the maintenance and cleanliness of educational institutions make it an attractive proposition for prospective candidates. Consider applying and become a valuable part of CSSMI’s team!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q: How can I apply for the maintenance worker position at CSSMI?
- A: Detailed application instructions can be found on the CSSMI website. Ensure you follow the outlined process.
- Q: Is relevant experience necessary for this role?
- A: While relevant experience is an asset, CSSMI considers various factors in the selection process.
- Q: What support is provided for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process?
- A: CSSMI is committed to accessibility and offers assistance for applicants with disabilities throughout the screening and selection process.
- Q: Are evening shifts mandatory for this position?
- A: Yes, the maintenance worker role at CSSMI primarily involves evening shifts.
- Q: Can individuals from diverse backgrounds apply for this position?
- A: Absolutely! CSSMI encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply, fostering an inclusive work environment.
You may also like: Job Opportunity as a Tow Truck Driver – at CAA-Quebec Canada